Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Im wondering...is it a sign that labor is coming when I eat more than humanly possible in one sitting? Surprisingly, I ate the biggest meal of my pregnancy tonight.  Yellow curry at a Thai restaurant...it was soo good, I just couldnt stop eating.  Then I came home and made my mom's homemade hot fudge and put it over ice cream.  And no one is stopping me.  Not even the baby.  No complaints...at least not yet.  YUMMY.
It must have been all the planting we did today.  A friend and I planted all the flowers.  THANK YOU SPRING!  It was a perfect day for planting, Overcast, drizzly, the soil was nice and moist.  And now we just get to watch it all grow.  I am thrilled.  Its all coming together at all the right times.  Ill take some photos when the sun comes out.  Hopefully this week.
It will be such a joy to see how all the flowers mature.  It will be quite a sight if they all bloom together.  I know there are a lot of seasoned gardeners out there who have beautiful perennial beds of fleurs...this is my first straight up flower garden.  mmmmmm...Yummy
I have one more delicious bit to share.
This past weekend my dear friends organized a pamper Carissa and baby day.  I guess something like a baby shower, blesssing.  Oh was it glorious.  If the details of a luxurious and amazingly sweet event bore you stop here.
Otherwise Im going on and on to say that I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends who celebrated this baby experience with me.  As Allegra said so eloquently, this is an experience in life that must be celebrated much like marriage.  A rite of passage in a woman's life.  That day i felt like a queen.  Pampered, loved and more loved.  I was just so sorry that I couldnt have had ALL my nearest and dearest there with me.  You know who you are.  AND I LOVE YOU.
So now I feel a little more prepared to bring a child into the world.  I am, truth be told a little nervous about labor but feeling good, make that great, otherwise.  Thank you to all who have helped to make this pregnancy as easy as it has been.  And for sending us the necessary supplies for this sweet babe. I feel really lucky.
Im starting to get tired and need to rest so I will sign off now.
LOVE LOVE LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. English doesn't have words sufficient to say how happy this post makes me.

    ReplyDelete